Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Sunday 22 February 2015

Stormhammer, project,and of course some debate.

Hey Everyone, 

So this came a little late but Forgeworld finally released their Stormhammer model. Originally shown in book 4 ,this super heavy is a battleship on treads and I think it's a must have for some Solar Auxilia players or, of course, the Imperial Guard. With two main guns and a full arsenal of weapons that works in a ironclad broadside style of engagement it's a  brilliant piece of work.



I know this will be a fun build for those Solar Auxilia players out there and I can't wait to see some pictures of what people painted! 

Project Progress. 

So this is the fun part of the blog for me where I talk about some of the project progress of the army and how its doing. Now I will say a lot of the stuff was built and painted before the blog begun but I still have much to finish and a few things to buy still from the previous list. This has so far been fun and after this list I hope to add a bit more to the army.



So far this is what's built and painted. I will be showing some close up shots in the coming weeks of the army but this is  a quick summary of whats built and painted currently. 

Horus 

Knight Errant 
 
5 Centurions and flag standard bearer.
 
30 Tactical Marines, mostly standard tactical marines box.
 
1 Land Raider
 
3 Predators  

10 Veterans with some special weapons. 

This is coming along nicely and should bring the army to almost campaign ready for some up coming events in the next two months.There is still a lot of work to be done but with my mate helping me this shouldn't take long. Only thing that the army is waiting on is one last Forgeworld purchase before the campaign begins and we can really get into that 30k feel. 
 
The Debate 

So the debate I have been running in my head is if I want to include rumours of what's going on in the 30k/40k world. Personally I am not one for rumors and there's a lot of great sites and blogs out there showing off that kinda stuff. I kinda of want to just show off either project stuff, battle reports or what's already been released since what we have is great stuff. I am curious what people think and I'd like to hear some discussion below about what you may want to see on this blog.

 
General Soban 
Signing off till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment