Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Thursday 6 August 2015

Gen Con and the future

Hey Everyone,
So with Gencon 2015 at an end, I have some fun and exciting news, plus I figured out what am going to do for the next few projects. I also figured out what I'm going to do  with those minis I acquired of the Emperors Children and the World Eaters and I hope that this will add some new light as well as get me some motivation for the next year or so. Any how lets get this show rolling.
 
Gencon and the Wolves
So I personally wasn’t able to go to Gencon this year but my other half was able to go in my stead. I really lucked out and got some really cool stuff for my armies and was able to finish off the armies main goals. So during the event was able to get my main tanks, the Sicaran, Sicaran Venator, Spartan and the Typhon. In addition to this I was able to get all the event minis including the Titan Primaris. This is really going to round out my force.
The only down side was the Typhon, Spartan where already sold out but are presently on their way. Once they're in I will paint them up for my Luna Wolves to give my army some much needed anti tank and another lord of war choice. This added firepower  will finally finish off the issue I have in my army to deal with massive amount of tanks and other armour that I tend to play against in my local meta. So fingers cross and I will post progress photos as soon I can get them.
 
Emperor’s Children and World Eaters
So this one I was pretty divided on what to do with the minis. I enjoy both the lore and also the fact they had major divided loyalists in the heresy with purge at Isstvan, it's  very interesting to me. Also these were 2 of the legions that almost won out to be my primary legion force. This proved to be a very hard choice but I think I got one I can live with.
The World Eaters I sold off to my good friend and fellow heresy player Jesse who is going to start it after his Imperial Fists. Since his Imperial fists are almost done and fully painted he has been looking at getting a second legion that will be different from his high firepower and loyalist force. He also wants to do this legion since simply put his favorite phase in Warhammer is close combat and nothing speaks more of this phase then the World Eaters. Will post up pictures when his Imperial Fists are done and when he begins his World Eaters proper.
 
The Emperors Children though, are going to stay and be one of the next legions that are going to be done. A few factors played into this, one being they were available early in the crusade with their primarch being found reasonably early. What this mean is though they were a smaller legion they can take part in earlier crusade era. Right now am still running the design portion of it so I can budget and figure out the legion and what I want to do with them. So it may be a while yet before you see that legion grow on the blog but be assured we have some sweet things coming up.
 
Next projects
Over the next few months will be talking about some side projects that I want to try and finish by the end of the year or early next year. With these mini goals I also still hoping to get at least one campaign running and complete before the year is out, since there’s only 4 months left to go this is going to be a little tight but I think it's very attainable. I will be posting up more details late as they come in, as always, I hope you enjoy this.
 
General Soban 
Signing off till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment