Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Wednesday 22 July 2015

We are Legion!

Hey Everyone,
So I have a special treat for everyone today, new units and some extras. Also there's a  question for those out in the audience which will be talked about later on in the blog.


Legion XVI Luna Wolves Squad
First off we have a showing of a squad of tactical Luna Wolves. Horus said it best that there was few things that didn’t require or couldn’t be completed, a bolter squad, and for me I agree with that. This unit itself brings up my total to 50 bolt marines and am very happy with the results. I may add a few more though I'm still debating if I want to add just pure despoiler units but that is still further down the line since I feel my line infantry is pretty complete.

Legion XII World Eaters Veteran Squad
So something that came out of the blue a local guy was selling off a few legionaries and the price was right so I picked them up. I like the paint scheme and I am hoping this unit  will be usable by the next book since rumour has it it would be the shattered legions rules if so this might be a fun little side project or the start of a larger project.



Legion III Emperors Children Veteran Squad
So from the same gentlemen I was able to pick up some Emperors Children infantry. I think for this one I may end up keep them as they are and build them up into a demi company. Reason why is I want to have, after the wolves is fully built. something fun and to change it up from my present army. The other was this is one the legions I was originally going to pick but the wolves in the end won out.
 
Legion III Emperors Children Dreadnought
Another little gem I picked up, this forgeworld dreadnought is a nice pick up for a small army. He put in magnetized arms which allows me to switch out to multiple weapons. Though not alot of players will enjoy a standard dreadnought I find they are pretty useful and will give you a cheaper unit that you can get in more bulk.
 

So here they are, 3 legions standing proud and I think it’s a amazing to see them. Now as I said before I was debating on a few things, primarily do I want to keep the Emperors Children and the World Eaters as they are or strip them and paint them up for my Luna Wolves?. The other option is to have small, one off squads or as secondary projects and build them up to smaller legion forces that can serve as either loyalist or traitors to be used in campaigns. I really like the second idea and I'm curious what you might think of this.
So let me know your thoughts and also what you want to see on the blog!   I'm always curious what people out there want to see and would enjoy. I hope you enjoyed this post and, as always, happy gaming everyone !
 
General Soban 
Signing off till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment