Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Wednesday 12 August 2015

25th Post !

Hey Everyone,
Today I have a special blog for you going over a few things and a few behind the scenes of what's going on. This is also in special celebration of reaching 25 posts on the blog which am very happy and excited about since so many people have been viewing my blog and the feedback has been amazing. This will also be brief overview of a few projects that have been approved. Lets get right to it shall we !
 
Legions Astartes
So within the last month I’ve shown off my Luna Wolves as well as the Emperors Children and  I would like to reveal a little bit of what will be going on for the next few years. This was a choice that I’ve been having a hard time figuring out in the last two months especially with getting so close to my primary goals with the Luna Wolves. A major break in this was the fact it looks like MKIV plastics are going to be released which will really save me some cash. With this I would like to officially announce these new projects.
Now first off with the Luna Wolves, they are not done yet since there is still many things I want to add to the army and also bulk it out a bit more. One of the things I want to do is add more troop selection into the army especially with heavy weapon squads, breachers, and recon marines to really round out some options. In addition to this, I need more elite troops in terminators as well as assault squads. Lastly I have to get some special characters such as Loken and Abaddon to really make sure the character of the legion before becoming the Sons of Horus.
Second is I want to start not just one additional legion but two legions that can really give me some changes as well as give some extra characters for down the line. The one legion as I said before will be the Emperors Children and am hoping to get at least 3000 points of them including their primarch. I think this will be fun marching next to the wolves as in many stories the Emporers Children served along side the sons of the 16thLegion.
Lastly will be the legion in addition to this of course being the Ultramarines. This may become a bit larger then the Emperors Children since I already had some interesting characters left over from my mix of marines. Right now I will be aiming for about 3000 with this force as well of course including the primarch. This one will also be in the works and is still in the design stage

So here we have it 3 legions that are going to be worked on and a small growth to get the legion forces rolling. The only reason why this going to be happening is simply because of the plastic 30k MkIV sets that will be coming out. This will drop for me a lot of the bigger prices with the legions and allow me to get more Forgeworld items such as the primarchs, terminators and other great things that I just love about the heresy.
 
 
Campaigns and Fluff
Next major thing is am working on some fluff to get ready for a campaign. If you look above, we have a picture of a new thing am working with in order to get some great background info and other things I can add to the narrative I want to do. I was able to get this due to a chap on the Heresy 30k Forums and I really have to thank him for giving me another tool I can use to build a narrative. While am working on this, expect some posts going on about the 14th Companies Fluff while I build towards a campaign.
The Campaign I'm designing has had some bumps but I think soon we will be able to get some rolling. Oddly enough I am hoping that with summer coming to a close, me and some of the local club members will have a better chance to organize a narrative set during the Great Crusade. Hoping that  we will get some Great Crusade era battles and we will see some of the last 100 years before the Heresy takes shape. Now this won’t prevent me from doing battles in the Heresy but my first goal is to get some during this more enlightened time that am personally in love with.
 
25th Post
Last but not least, l want to thank everyone for helping me on this journey so far. This has been a fun adventure so far and from what I'm hearing, a lot of people are enjoying this blog and this has been keeping me inspired in my projects. I really look forward to what the rest of the year will also bring us and I hope I can keep bringing the fun everyone has been enjoying. So again, thank you everyone and please stay tuned for more 30k posts as we get on with our journey.
 
General Soban 
Signing off till next time

2 comments:

  1. nice little blog you have here I think tomorrow i'll add it to my blog roll. BTW really enjoyed your BFG ships, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Douglas glad you enjoyed it and for adding me to your blog roll. Will be posting up tommorow with more fun stuff !

    ReplyDelete