Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Forgeworld and Army Progress

Hey Everyone,
So with life being a little hectic I missed out on some very cool stuff in the 30k universe. Forgeworld alone released a lot of new content for both loyalist and Traitor alike that really caught my attention. Also, new units where shown which will give some new toys for a few armies. Lastly, Rob from bearbox studio made some army progress for my luna wolves!
Forgeworld new releases!
In the last two weeks forgeworld has unleashed a torrent of new stuff. Looks like they are gearing up for the new book that ,hopefully, will be coming out in the next few months. With Solar Axillary, Ultramarines, IronWarriors, Mechanicum all getting a release this is an exciting time!
First we have up the Solar Auxillary Rapier Laser Destroyer and Quad Motar . Both weapon platforms are some of the strongest weapons in the meta and this release gives solar auxiliary two more weapons to add to their platform.

The Laser Destroyer is a must have weapon being a strength 9 ap 1 ordinance weapon. Add in the fact it's twin linked which makes it a natural tank killer that gets the benefits of being able to be placed in better positions than tanks. Personally I’ve field tested the marine version and if you need some serious anti tank take this a good bang for your points in an army list

Now this portable artillery piece has been a major weapon piece since it was first released for the death korp of krieg. A nice weapon platform, it's cheap and gains the shell shock rule or sunder depending on the ammunition you use makeing it a deadly indirect weapon. Being also relative cheap in the terms of points will make this Auxiliary weapon a nice cheaper alternative to the bigger medusa.



The Iron Warriors got some love with the release of the torso upgrade and the helmet upgrade pack. This goes wonderfully with the shoulder packs release and I think it works with the army who believed in practicality over visuals and with the helmets you can see either the uparmoured protection, or pretty view. I think this will become a high end purchase and makes me wish I picked up some of Ironwarriors for myself!

So the Ultramarines got their first unique legion icons released with the shoulder pad upgrades. Coming in mark 2,mark 3,and lastly mark 4 this is a preview of what is to come. Being a old time ultramarines fan this will be a bonus since the raised icon will add more modeling imagery and will look good on the table. Can’t wait to see more releases for this legion.




Lastly the Mechanicum got a new unit with experimental rules released, the deadly Scyllax Guardian. Another Automata this 5 squad Covenant shows another combat monster that is both cheap and readily available for the Mechanicum. One of the coolest rules I saw was the new dismemberment rule which give it a single ap 2 hit at strength 6 something nice to kill some of those hard to kill terminators. You can as always check out the rules for this at http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/S/scyllax.pdf  which forgeworld provided for us so for those that pre-order it can enjoy a new close combat unit!

14th Company update
Not only was there new releases but I also lucked out and got a lot of units in or got some great deals. Rob was happy to send over some work inprogress shots


So this unit though not early crusade was a hard unit not to get. Sharing many of the design characteristics of the contemptor dreadnought I felt like this would be a great match to run beside them. Adding in the fact that I have them equipped with some power fists gives my army extra anti tank gear which am find my army is lacking. For a last added bonus there is a single auto cannon in the unit to give them some long range fire power.
I play tested this unit a bit before giving them over to Rob’s Studio and though standard terminators, they play differently from what I was used to. Being able to move more then normal terminators it gave this unit a edge I was surprised terminators could have on squad maneuvers. The other bonus was in the age of darkness these units count as a scoring unit which makes them a much better heavy line infantry. I can’t wait till these get painted up and they're back on the table.


So one of two Contemptors on the production line. This one I bought of a guy locally. Armed with the muiltmelta and a power fist melta means this is a upclose and personal dread. Though not the preferred weapon type for Contemptors in legion lists I feel this version is either going to take a lot of damage due to the fear of its guns or be able to do some damage as other more threatening targets are engaged. I can’t wait to get this out in the field with its brother Contemptor and unleash some mayhem!

So one unit I was personally really excited for  was the Elite Justerins. Seeing them assembled and even unpainted you can feel the aggressive nature of the unit. Though overpriced in the Army list I found them to be a nice unit in close combat and with the amount of anti tank this unit can bring with combi meltas and the muilta melta it gives that unit a lot of oomph. I can’t wait for these to be painted up and running alongside Horus on the battle field.
(Praetors)
So last but not least the Company Captain and two versions of him are being worked on. The Forgeworld Praetor model is probably one of my favorite models other than the Primarchs and Justerain and will be a great center piece of the army. I am also having this done as two versions since I want to change up the play style of the unit and also the fact the face model is alike which will make it great in a narrative.
Though am missing images for them I also have a storm eagle and another contemptor on the way. This will round out some long range firepower for the army that it needs and give the army some more 30k units to play with. The added bonus is both these units will also give my army some much needed anti air which at presently it's lacking. So far this army is coming along pretty good and is going by a lot faster then I thought it would be.
In closing
So we had a lot of releases come out from forgeworld and my lunawolves are getting another boost. This has really been a exciting few weeks and am glad I was able to share this with you. I can’t wait to show off more progress shots of the lunawolves and my plans of what is going to happen with them. As always make sure you check out forgeworlds site and also my friend robs painting studio for more fun and amazing projects.

General Soban 
Signing off till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment