Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Sunday 17 May 2015

Next Batch Done

Hey Everyone,
So  I have some updates on the wolves showing off the next batch that got painted up.
 
Apothecaries
These are finally done and already they have some field work over the weekend and I have to say I'm very impressed by how well they did. These units really shined and also the army paint was great! Another good job by Rob !
 

Vindicator
Probably one of my favorite pieces in the army, the vindicator, in all its old school metal glory ! This just looks amazing on the table and has already proven itself as a multi-role assault tank. Love the detail work with the bullet holes and how sharp it looks.

Command Elements
This one I didn't show case earlier in the pre-build stages but one that is going to be critical to the army is the Vexillas and voxs. Both are needed for my combined arms with the re-rollable leadership test or the ability to spot for my mobile artillery I tend to run. Other thing is I now have a Sergeant in all the mk2 glory and also a very cheap sergeant. Love how it turned out and can’t wait to get the other one done.
 
Legion Marking
A small detail but one I’ve been debating on is to have the legion number on it. I originally thought of just doing the company number but it might be confusing so instead put in the legion marking on the shoulder pad. Eventually all units will have this in the exact same place. The other added bonus is I can run this in campaign as another luna wolves company and it can be consistent.
 
Legion Banner
One of the last but not the least, we have the legion banner and extra warrior. This is a simple but amazing banner that will be just for the companies legion banner for the battle field. I think I’ll be running this even if I don’t use the rules for it or run it as a vexilla because of how it looks and the feel of the legionary standing out.
 

Future work
So due to a slight ordering mishap and with the rise of the British Pound I am going to hold off on my big purchase of the new armour. My local store tends to run events and hoping next month they run a event where Forgeworld is so I can pick up my last major armour purchase. This is kind of sad but in the end it will work out for the best since I can pay a little bit less.
 
Due to this I went ahead and purchased 2 more land raiders and am going to have my baneblade painted. These heavy tanks are going to be some of the biggest armour in the army till the typhon and Spartan make it into the army. The other thing that will be happening is my Battle Fleet gothic fleet will also be done and will be shown off hopefully this week.
So lots of fun stuff ahead and hope you stay tuned.
 
General Soban 
Signing off till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment