Great Crusade

Great Crusade

Monday 13 April 2015

Update 2015/4/13

Hey Everyone,
Got some fun and exciting stuff to show you. Forgeworld showed off another new mini for those who want to bring in some firepower for Mechanicum . Rob from Bearbox studio also showed me some progress on a Salamanders army he is starting up. Also we have more 14th Company pictures to show off.

Alright this has me leaning towards Mechanicum more and more. Weighing in a a whopping 295 pts this massive monstrous creature can dish out some firepower. Armed with the potent Sollex heavy lasscannon, this strength 10 lasscannon at range 60 gives another nice long range weapon for the Mechanicum. Lastly its armed with Graviton ram that is a potent siege wrecker and tank buster.
This might push me get a small Mechanicum force after the Luna wolves. The other reason other then the rules is just the visuals and reminds me of old gundam minis which I love. Would love to get it and do a nice red and black scheme. Any how enough rambling be sure to check out the experimental rules as always athttp://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Thanatar-Calix.pdf

So Rob from Bearbox studio has just started up his Salamander army and is coming out strong with Vulkan. These in-progress pictures  are showing a nice strong Vulkan and a nice progress shot. Really love how it looks as a calm but wrathful father over his dead sons. I can’t wait to see when this is complete and running with the other Salamanders.

The 14th Company
My Luna Wolves have made some amazing progress and am still surprised how much has gotten done in the last few months. This batch added abit more Vehicle in nature as well as some air support. The other part is my command staff expands with my company captain. So lets get to the army pictures.

The storm eagle is complete and man was I excited for this. Probably one of my favorite aircraft that has ever come out. This roaring beauty is, in my eyes, what a space marine aircraft should be. Armed to the teeth, Rob used magnets on the front and the sponsons so I can get a few different weapon load-outs. I will also say this storm eagle has not let me down and already has a shadow sword down and I can’t wait to get some battle reports in with this multi-role craft.

So my module Contemptor is finally done and have to say the wait was well worth it. Love how the pose turned out and gives it that nice dramatic feel as it gets ready for another go of combat.

The other benefit of this Contemptor is the magnets in each arm so I can change the weapon load-outs. Right now It can be fielded as either a mortis pattern with the assault cannons or auto cannons, it can also be used as a standard contemptor in a talon if I feel I need some close combat.

The other thing I like about it is the pose it has with the other Centomptor which makes them both a great pair.
One of the last major pieces to be done is the Captain. I have to say this really feels like the Old Terran Veteran that I want to base the lore around him. He was done as a pair just in case I wanted to run one of two versions of the Praetor and this will fill out the roster well. I can’t wait to get him on the table and starting building up the legend of this captain.



This the entire company as it stands right now painted. I have to say it always feels great seeing this all on the table and at best guess is sitting about around 4000 points depending on kit. Added some extra pictures of some close ups.



With the army standing as it is there got a good selection for the army list. Be sure to stay tuned for more army progress and some up coming battle reports.
General Soban 
Signing off till next time



No comments:

Post a Comment